Saturday, February 17, 2007

I just had a serious draw-on.

Sometimes its nice to remember I don't just draw like a tard-cake. Sometimes it's nice to remember that sometimes, you hit that zone and that col erase flies across the page like the Artemia swims through water...try taking a fricking picture of one under a microscope...not always easy. Sadly, it took a furry to remind me that I can draw something. Its not perfect (it never is), but its better than a lot of the stuff I feel I have been putting out lately.

I was trying to work on a lab when I ended up going through a ton of art blogs. This one drawing hit me and BAM, I got the courage to pick up a new col-erase and start drawing. In less than an hour I had three sketches that weren't hideous. These are all the drawings I drew so don't think I am hiding some "crappy" ones.

I will post them in order so you can see me get in the groove, then slowly die.


This was my warm-up and IMHO the weakest of the group. Still, there are some things about her that I like.




This one you notice me starting to slow down as I struggle with the left eye. I had to erase it a few times but it's there.

It's sad...while I know if I just had the chance to draw more I could actually become a decent artist, I don't miss the industry right now. I have friends who are at work on a Sat night and have to work 7 days a week. I don't mind doing that but I need to be doing it for a hell of a lot more money. :P

P.S. - I doubt anyone ever reads this blog because no one ever leaves me any comments (those of you who communicate with me on LJ...you are excused ;) ) but if there are any of you who go to Ottawa U, I will be enlisting you and your email addy to help me win 50$ from a Bio-X MS Paint drawing competition (I think you have to be in sciences to enter - maybe even some Bio related program). I will give you more details when the voting actually takes place (21st-28th of Feb I think) but I WANT MONEY and I wanna win something for once in my life. :P

No comments: