Tuesday, December 19, 2006

An incredibly nerdy endevour

I am trying to vary what I put here. I want to slowly tease you with various aspects of my artistic past, not just shove a bunch of Lifedrawing down your throat.

I promise, after this post, I will make a more "advanced art" post.

Who has heard of Shin Seiki Evangelion? (Translation: Neon Genesis Evangelion) Any good little geek who watches anime should know the title. If you havent heard of it you have had some serious anime miss-education. Gravitation and Chobits are not foundational anime series despite what any avid fan girl will insist.

I was not in the habit of writing in to comic books. In fact, in all seriousness, this was the only time I ever did it. I think I wrote and drew this in grade 10. I believe it was then because around the same time I made a Ghost in the Shell envelope for a friend of mine who had just moved to Vancouver and I remembering arguing with my English teacher that this letter and drawings in a comic did in fact deem me "published." :D

Anyways, Andrea's first publishing:

The cover of the comic book. Not my drawing, but a nice lead in.


(Click on the image to read the letter and see the drawings - I drew the drawing of "Tira Misu" and the second "Ritsuko")

How deliciously nerdy of me! I wasn't expecting them to print the drawings. They were on the envelope and weren't very good. Thats why they look messy and have writing and postage markings all over the scans. Still makes me laugh though.

For clarification, I did not translate "Baka-chan" as "cute idiot." This was in fact the pet name my boyfriend at the time had for me and I was dared to sign it that way. Really didnt think it would get printed.

All characters owned by Ginax Studios except for Tira Misu who belongs to Xebec, Tokyo Pop and ADV.

No comments: