Sunday, December 17, 2006

Layouts II - Outdoor scene.

Okay...this is the only other layout I ever did. Why did I stop doing layouts? Well in design we were given the option of doing either layout or character design. I ended up going with character design because my teacher told me (in front of the whole class) that not everyone was cut out for doing layouts and it might be best if I stuck to other things. So, I figured to avoid further embarrassment, the smart thing to do was characters. I didn't look back or think on it much till the end of the year when this layout made it onto the year's demo reel. I thought, "huh...made the demo reel for layouts...that's weird." It got even more confusing when my design teacher, the same one who told me that I should give up layouts, wrote in my "flip this" yearbook: "Look at your layouts - on the demo reel + for some reason you never liked your own stuff. Sorry kiddo - there are some nice drawings on there and it was all you." :| I was confused. >_<

But here is the layout that made the demo reel:

Line work:


Coloured:

No comments: